Here is a list of some of the articles I’ve written on Math Education
On Mathematics education reform:
- 8 alternatives to traditional mathematics education
- New Math equals trouble, education expert says
- A fundamental flaw in mathematics education
- I tried the Khan Academy
- Mathematics education: a way forward
- If we taught carpentry like we teach mathematics…
- What can I do to help my child learn mathematics?
- Constructivist teaching is not "unassisted discovery"
- Toolkit model of mathematics education
- Fixing math education
On the use of technology in mathematics education:
- Turning math problems into video word problems
- Computers should transform mathematics education
- Is interactivity in mathematics important?
- Free tools for math education
- Mumbo Jumbo
- Maybe we should be aiming for computer programming instead of calculus in Math?
Other articles on math education
Some of my favourite articles/videos on mathematics education by other people (incomplete):
- Dan Meyer on how math class needs a makeover
- Conrad Wolfram on teaching kids real math using a computer
- Seymour Papert on Mathland
- Jon Mcleone on whether or not computers dumb down mathematics education
- Paul Lockhart – A Mathematician’s Lament
- Matthew Brenner – The four pillars upon which the failure of mathematics education rests
- Paula White – Playing with Math
- Ira Socol – Algebra without numbers