This is a list of some posts of mine about technology in education.
- Magical Hopes: Technology and the Reform of Mathematics Education
Builds on an article by Deborah Ball about manipulatives and describes how technology alone cannot change math education.
- How to use technology with only one computer
A practical post meant to offer educators advice on how to use a single classroom computer.
- Using technology to facilitate noticing and wondering
Describes the use of a specific technology within a classroom to enable mathematical thinking by students.
- Five traps of technology
A list of possible traps when using technology and some questions educators should ask themselves before using any given technology.
- The Math Emporium – The Walmart of Higher Education
A description of a horrifying mathematics program intended to support students.
- Forget the future: Here’s the textbook I want now
Describes the features of an advanced textbook for students.