I just reread a story I wrote on here about my first semester teaching and thought I would share it again. The story is broken into 9 parts, and I hope to continue it. I’d really like to make sure I remember more of what happened in NYC, since the experience was such a life-altering one for me.
"My first semester teaching"
- Part 1: Introduction to NYC
- Part 2: Before the start of school
- Part 3: First day
- Part 4: Fight in the classroom
- Part 5: Outside of school
- Part 6: Problems with the system
- Part 7: Success in the classroom!
- Part 8: Christmas break
- Part 9: Selling my soul
I’d love to read more people’s experiences of their first semester teaching as well, and compare notes.